With November being my first full month of blogging, it felt wise to make a plan (forever pretending I’m wise! I’m not – see examples below) and in typical Lauren style, I could not have picked a worse month to try to get my blog off the ground. I’m an all-or-nothing kind of gal, a couple of examples include:
- In sixth form, I switched colleges between AS level and A level, and in my new college they didn’t run one of my courses, so I decided to take a new A level but not wanting to stay at college for an extra year I decided I was going to study AS and A level of the course alongside each other (safe to say I hated that course and to this day I have not used a single element of it within my life).
- I got engaged, planned my dream wedding and got married all within my final 2 years of studying/training full-time for my Midwifery degree. I also had a job alongside this where I worked anything from 12-60 hours a week – I somehow still managed to graduate with a 2:1.
The idea of now only having ONE job and ONE commitment really excited me! But could I deal with all that spare time? Hell no! It was inevitable that I was going to start a new project…so here I am (lucky you!)
Moving on to the point of this post….my November goals…
1. REACH 500+ FOLLOWERS
I’m going to work on building my follower community on Twitter, Instagram, and on my blog itself. I would like to reach 500 followers on Twitter, 200 followers on Instagram, and 30 followers on my blog!
2. POST AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK
I am going to aim to post at least once a week. I hope to post more than this, however, it’s going to be a rather busy month workwise so I’m just going to take this one day by day!
HOLIDAYS ARE COMING!! I am SO freakin’ excited! I love everything to do with Christmas, I get such a warm fuzzy feeling inside which builds as we get closer and closer to the big day. It’s going to be such an anti-climax for me this year as I am working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Boooo!) but I am not letting that kill my buzz. Being the Christmas elf that I am, naturally I got super excited when I heard about this Christmas themed blogging craze. So I am going to be spending this month planning my “Blogmas” posts, and try to be organised (pfft!)
4. SURVIVE MY FIRST MONTH AS A REGISTERED MIDWIFE
I recently qualified as a Midwife, and on Monday I am starting my first job – at a whole different trust to where I’ve spent the past 3 years training! I am super anxious but excited as well. Having had the last 6 weeks off, I am starting to go stir crazy at home and am now itching to get back to work, but that’s 6 weeks I’ve had off from the long hours, night shifts, commuting, emergency drills, documentation….it’s the longest amount of time I’ve had off in the 3 years and at this point I feel as though I’ve forgotten everything (I haven’t! Don’t worry). So this month I’m hoping to settle in to my new team, my new role, and survive the intense induction/orientation period, and my first night shifts in 6 weeks…
5. SUBSCRIBE TO 10 MORE BLOGS
I have spent the last 48 hours addicted to Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin’…reading blogs and blog posts of more experienced bloggers. I have followed some of my favourites and subscribed to some mailing lists. I’m looking to continue expanding my “reading list”, so I aim to subscribe to another 10 blogs this month. If you would like me to subscribe to your blog, please leave a link in the comments and I will check it out!
I’m hoping that posting my goals will keep me accountable to achieving them. If any more experienced bloggers have any feedback or suggestions for me based on my posts so far, please feel free to comment below or contact me via social media or my E-Mail.
Love Loz x