After only one week of blogging and only 3 days on Twitter, I am so honoured to have been nominated for the Leibster Award 2017 by the lovely Life with Kirsty. You can read her answers and check out the rest of her blog here.
The Leibster Award is a virtual award given by bloggers to other bloggers, of whom they enjoy reading the content of.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link to their post in your own.
- Answer the 11 questions they have given you in your post.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award and give them your own set of 11 questions.
- Tag your chosen 11 bloggers, and don’t forget to let them know as well!
MY 11 QUESTIONS
- When did you start blogging? I started Lots of Loz x initially in July 2017, but I only got as far as writing a welcome post, it has officially only been live for one week now.
- Why did you start your blog? Blogging is something I’ve been interested in getting involved in for a long while, but life was always in the way. I’m now at a point in my life where things have calmed down a little, I am working full-time only one job, and wanted to take up some more things which I love doing, just for me. I couldn’t decide on a specific niche, and to be honest I have so many interests and loves that I wouldn’t want to pick just one. I don’t want to get sucked into a life which is just about my career. I want to keep exploring and keep trying new things, and I feel blogging will allow me/give me a reason to do that.
- Did anyone inspire you to create your blog? If so, who? Honestly? Me! I inspired me to create my blog…all of the interests and ideas which I peruse over every single day. I just felt there was a much bigger place out there for them than just my head, so here I am!
- What are your favourite types of blog posts to read and write? I’m still very new to the world of blogging, so I don’t really have a favourite at the moment. I really like reading reviews of beauty products, so much so that I have gone a bit subscription crazy the past couple of days and intend to review them in my own posts (Forever seeking new products!) And I’ve only done a few posts myself so I’m still finding my style!
- What is your favourite TV series? Oooh this is a hard one, I am a slave to Netflix! I love PLL, TVD, Once upon a time, How I met your mother, Friends, One Tree Hill, Gilmore girls, Gossip girl…soooo many! But my ultimate favourite at the moment is Big Bang Theory.
- What goals do you have for yourself and your blog? I just want to write about the things that I love. I’d like to maybe collaborate with other bloggers and brands in the future when I have some more experience under my belt but at the moment I’m just enjoying finding my style.
- Who are your favourite Youtubers to watch? I haven’t really watched many, but I like watching make up/skincare routines, and also shopping hauls. Any suggestions, please feel free to link them in the comments.
- What is your all-time favourite make up product? I absolutely LOVE make up, but I’ve only just started to show an interest and try out products other than the absolute basics/cheapest brands. When I wasn’t as body positive (only a mere few months ago) I didn’t feel I was worth the good quality products or good quality clothes, so I wouldn’t take any pride in my appearance! But my favourite product at the moment is the Buxom mascara which I received in October’s Roccabox. Its longer brush means it gives even coverage on my lashes. It doesn’t clump, but it volumises really well. This is the first mascara I’ve tried which I don’t have problems with when I use it on my lower lashes.
- What is something that you are passionate about? My job! I am extremely passionate about supporting and empowering women to birth their babies, and guiding them safely from antepartum to postpartum whilst also respecting their wishes. I am so grateful and blessed to have my job!
- Where would be your dream place to visit? Under my job, my second passion is travelling. And there is SO many places and sights that I want to see. But at the top of my list at the moment is Bali!
- What is something you would like to achieve before 2017 ends? This is a tough one because 2017 has been a HUGE year for me. I got married, did some travelling, qualified as a Midwife, and started this blog! So honestly, I just want to have a chilled couple of months, settling in to my new job and building my blog. However, I would like to start paying off some debt!!
MY 11 NOMINATIONS
MY 11 QUESTIONS FOR YOU
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Do you have another job? If so, what do you do?
- How often do you promote your blog?
- What’s your favourite clothing shop?
- Do you have a female celebrity who inspires you? If so, who?
- What is your favourite festive film, if any?
- Are you a sweet or savoury person?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- What sort of content do you enjoy reading from other bloggers?
- Is there a blogging tool you could not get by without?
- Have you ever been nominated for the Leibster award before?
I have enjoyed doing this post. It’s a different format for a post. I look forward to reading the posts of those I have nominated. Happy Saturday everyone!
Love Loz x